Sunday, September 23, 2007

Drinking and Driving

This is a poem I got from somewhere. I got this around 2004 and I had my friend, TOMOE, send it to me.

i went to a party mom, i remembered what you said
you told me not to drink mom, so i drink soda instead.
i didn't felt proud inside, the way you said i would.
i didn't drink proud and drive mom, even though the others said i should.

i know i did the right thing mom, i know you are always right
now the party is finally ending mom, and everyone is driving out of sight.
as i got into my car mom, i knew i'd get home in one piece.
because of the way you raise me, so responsible and sweet.

i started to drive away mom, but as i pulled into the road,
the other car didn't see me, and hit me like a load.
as i lay there on the pavement i hear the policeman say
the other guy is drunk mom and now i'm the one who will pay.

i'm lying here dying mom i wish you'd get here soon
how could this happen to me mom, my life just burst like a balloon.
there is blood all around me and most of it is mine.
i hear the medic say mom, i'll die in a short time.
i just wanted to tell you mom, the others didn't think
he was probably in the same party as i
the only difference is, he drank and i will die.

why do people drink mom? it can ruin your whole life.
i'm feeling sharp pains now. pains just like a knife
the guy who hit me is walking mom, and i don't think it's fair.
i'm lying here dying and all he can do is stare,
tell my brother not to cry mom, tell daddy to bebrave.
and when i go to heaven mom, put "daddy's girl"on my grave.

some should have told that guy mom, not to drink and drive.
if only they had told him mom, i would still be alive.
my breath is getting shorter mom, i'm becoming very scared
please don't cry for me mom, when i needed you,you were always there.
i have one last question mom, before i say goodbye,
i didn't drink and drive, so why am i to die?

No comments: